Sunday 10 September 2017

US OPEN 2017: SLOANE STEPHENS BEATS MADISON KEYS TO LIFT UP THE US OPEN TROPHY


Sloane Stephens beat Madison Keys to win her 1st Grand Slam title...
She won 6-3 6-0 in New York after making an incredible comeback from injury...

The world no. 83 beat follow american and best friend on tour as the country is facing a second majour hurricane so it was something to smile about...


" I have surgery on 23 January and if someone had told me then that I'd win the US Open. I'd say it was absolutely impossible. This journey has been incredible. Maddy's my best friend on tour. For us to be here is a special moment. I told her I wished it would be a draw. I'm going to support her no matter what. That's what real friendship is."  



Stephens collected her 2.84 million pounds prize money and she looked very surprised while looking at her cheque.

No comments:

Post a Comment