Tuesday 12 September 2017

MARTIN EDWARDS: WENGER WAS 'MY FIRST CHOICE' TO REPLACE FERGUSON


Former Manchester United Chairman from 1980 to 2002, Charles Martin Edwards, who is honorary life president says Arsene Wenger was United's first choice after Sir Alex Ferguson decided to retire 2001-2002 season...
In his new autobiography Edwards wrote that Wenger was his 1st choice after Sir Alex...

The forthcoming book is titled Red Glory: Manchester United and Me and in it he said "Our first choice was Arsene" 

"We thought he was the best candidate to replace Alex. Certainly he was my number one choice.

"So we made our approach and Wenger did show a little bit of interest, enough to want to meet (chief executive) Peter Kenyon and me at his house in London to listen to what we had to say."


When Wenger was asked about it he said "No (I was not tempted by Manchester United) because I was always happy here. More tha pople were happy with me, I was always happy here."


No comments:

Post a Comment