Saturday 27 January 2018

LONDON MARATHON 2018: MARY KEITANY TO USE MALE PACE MAKER


London Marathon 2018 will be full of surprises and one of them is that Mary Jepkosgei Keitany wants to break Paula Radcliffe's 'mixed gender' record of 2 hours, 15 minutes and 25 seconds...
The record has stood for 15 years. IAAF recognises 2 world records, the 'mixed-gender' record and the women's only record. 

Keitany broke the women's only marathon record with 2:17:01. 

"I know the record was set by Radcliffe on this course in 2003 and that she is a very popular person in Great Britain," said Keitany. 

The 3-time London Marathon champion went on to say "But I really hope the London crowds get behind my challenge and can help drive me on to achieve something incredible. 

"By having male pacemakers, I will be able to have the support throughout the race. The London Marathon will begin 22 April on a Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment