Tuesday 16 May 2017

TENNIS: ROGER FEDERER TO MISS THE FRENCH OPEN


Swiss 18-time Grand Slam  champ Roger Federer will not participate in in the coming French Open...
The 35 year old said he is sitting out because he want's to continue playing the ATP Tour "for many years to come"...

He will prepare for grass and hard-court sessions that will start in June...

"I need to recognise that scheduling will be the key to my longevity."...

"Thus, my team and I concluded that playing just one event on clay was not in the best interest of my tennis and physical preparation for the remainder of the season."...

"I will miss the French fans, who have always been so supportive and I look forward to seeing them at Roland Garros next year."...

The 5th seed has won 3 titles this year so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment