Tuesday 2 May 2017

SNOOKER: MARK SELBY DEFENDS HIS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE OVER JOHN HIGGINS

Mark Selby. Photo: Warren Little/Getty Images

Mark Selby fought hard to defend his World Championship title over another Snooker great John Higgins...


Mark Selby has been world number 1 for 2 years and is going to be world number 1 for the foreseeable future...

It is his 3rd crown in 4 years as he made a comeback to win 18-12...

Selby was 10-4 down and came up to 9 frames out of 10 to lead 13-11...

In modern era Snooker Championships Selby is the 4th in history to claim back to back victories...The other players were Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry and Ronnie O'Sullivan...

Selby remains number 1 in 116th consecutive weeks and he won a record 375,000 pounds in prize money...

"I can't believe it, I'm still pinching myself now" said Selby...

"From 10-4 to get to 10-7 yesterday, I was over the moon as I had nothing left. He outplayed me yesterday. Today I came back fresh and I was a lot better."

"Mark is granite, just granite" said Higgins a 4 times champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment