Monday 5 December 2016

SNOOKER: MARK SELBY BEATS RONNIE O'SULLIVAN TO WIN UK CHAMPIONSHIP


Mark Selby won the UK Snooker Championship for the 2nd time in a thrilling match in York...Selby beat Ronnie O'Sullivan 10-7..
.Selby scored 3 centuries in the final 6 frames of the match with O'Sullivan 2 of his own...Selby, 33, is the 6th player to ever win both the World Championship and UK Championship in the same calendar year...Selby said "To play Ronnie in any game is always a great atmosphere and gives you a buzz." ...


"I had to be on top of my game, and if I had only played 60% then I wouldn't have won. It's a great feeling" he went on to say...Although his style of play has been critisized by fans and pundits as being too "slow" or too "boring" he says "with the criticism I get, It inspires me even more."..."It makes me want to try harder"...It is he's 95th week at number 1 and he's 10th ranking tittle.

No comments:

Post a Comment