Saturday 28 January 2017

AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2017: SERENA WILLIAMS MAKES HISTORY BY WINNING HER 23RD GRAND SLAM TITLE


Serena Williams beats sister Venus Williams to become the leading Grand Slam winner of all-time...

Serena surpassed the great Steffi Graff to her 23rd Grand Slam in Melbourn's Rod Laver Arena.

She won the match 6-4 6-4 making it her 7th Australian Open title.

Venus was to become the oldest in open-tennis era.



There is an Australian player called Margaret Court who has the most Grand Slam with 24.

Serena is back at her number 1 spot.

"Congratulations Serena on number 23" said sister Venus.

"I'm enormously proud of you, you mean the world to me. I, God willing, would love to comeback. Thank you for all the love."



Serena also paid tribute to her sister saying "She's the only reason I'm standing here today. She's the only reason the William Sisters exist. Thank you for inspiring me. Every time you won this week, I felt like I got a win too."

No comments:

Post a Comment