Thursday 2 March 2017

FC BARCELONA: LUIS ENRIQUE WILL LEAVE BARCA END OF SEASON


Luis Enrique will depart Barcelona at the end of the season...Enrique announced his decision after Barcelona beat hometown Sportin Gijon 6-1..."I won't be at Barcelona next season" said Enrique...
"I need to rest. I would like to thank the club for the confidence they have shown in me. It has been three unforgettable years. It is a very difficult decision for me, one I've though about a lot, but I think I have to be true to myself and fair to my way of thinking" he continued while addressing a port-match conference...

Jorge Sampaoli is the favourite manager to replace Enrique...he is currently with Sevilla...Barcelona are now in the drivers seat after Real Madrid drew level 3-3 with Las Palmas...Enrique has done extremely well since joining Barca in 2014...He has won 2 league titles as well as 2 Copa Del Rey titles...He also won the 2015 Champions League...He has recently been under pressure after loosing 4-0 to Paris Saint-Germain and now Barca have a tough task on the return leg...

The clubs president, Josep Maria Bartomeu, wants to keep the former player and manager but now he has no choice but to look for a replacement..."We accept Luis Enrique's decision." said the president "He has been a great coach. Now it is time to end his spell in the best possible way. Luis Enrique has brought us great success and he can still bring us more. The players are motivated to do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment