Monday 28 August 2017

TENNIS: ROGER FEDERER FIT FOR NEW YORK US OPEN


Tennis great Roger Federer is very confident he is fit for the next US Open championship...
He has overcome his injuries and now hi ready to battle it out in the Open...

During the Montreal he suffered a back pain whereby he was beaten by Alexander Zverev...

He has now rested well and looking optimistic for the next challenge...

The Swiss champ said "Two weeks after the final [in Montreal] is a long time, so because you've got two weeks you can take your time." 

"So the first week was just trying to feel better, get better, get back on the court at some stage. I have been on the practice courts since last week. There you have it. 

"I have been playing sets the last few days, and I'm really happy how I'm feeling 

Federer and Nadal have never faced-off in the US Open and if they reach the semis they will have that chance...

"I'd be happy to play him here," said the Swiss champ "We never layed in New York, so I think that would be fun for everybody involved. I don'r think we are thinking that far ahead." 

No comments:

Post a Comment