Thursday 3 August 2017

BOXING: KLITSCHKO QUITS BOXING FOR GOOD


Former Heavyweight Champion of the World Wladamir Klistchko has retired from boxing and has ruled out a rematch with Anthony Joshua..."I have achieved everything I have dreamed of, and now I want to start my second career after sports," said Klitschko.

He lost his bout against Great Britain's Anthony Joshua by way of 11 round knockout in April at Wembley Stadium...


With 64 wins and 5 defeats the 41 year-old Ukranian has done more than well in the contribution to the sport of boxing...

The former 2 time Champ held the unified title from 2006-2015...He lost to Tyson Fury...

"I would have never imagined that I would have such a long and incredibly successful boxing carrier," added Klitschko...

Before he turned pro he won the Olympics Super-Heavyweight gold at the Atlanta 1996 games...He turned pro the same year...

Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn, who announced earlier the Klitschko-Joshua rematch earlier, was informed about Klitschko's' decision to retire by the boxers manager Bernd Boente today morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment