Thursday 15 March 2018

MOTOGP: VETERAN VALENTINO ROSSI SIGNS NEW DEAL WITH YAMAHA


Valentino Rossi will remain with Team Yamaha for at least up to the end of 2020...
Rossi now is 39 and by the time he reaches his early 40's he will be the only one since Cillin Edwards to race MotoGP with that age. 

Seven time premier-class champ. He will ride alongside teammate Maverick Vinales. 

"When I signed my contract with Yamaha, in March 2016, I wondered if that would have been my last contract as a MotoGP rider," said Rossi. 

"At that time, I decided that I'd take that decision  during the following two years." 

"During the last two years I came into the conclusion that I want to continue racing, being a MotoGP rider, but especially riding my M1, is the thing that makes me feel good. 

"I want to thank Yamaha - [team boss] Lin Jarvis and [team manager] Maio Meregalli in particular - for their trust in me, because the challenge is difficult: being competitive until I'm 40 years old! 

"I know it's going to be difficult and it requires a lot of effort from my side and a lot of training but I'm ready, I'm not lacking in motivation, that's why I'm signing for two more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment