Sunday 4 March 2018

BOXING: DEONTAY WILDER KNOCKOUTS LUIS ORTIZ IN THE 10TH ROUND TO RETAIN HIS WBC WORLD TITLE


Deontay 'The Bronze Bomber' Wilder has moved to 40-0 after beating Luis 'King Kong' Ortiz in a tough way by way of TKO in the 10th round in the Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York...
It was a see-saw bout whereby Wilder took a barrage of punches from 'King Kong' but persevered and knocked-out Ortiz with a serious right uppercut.


"King Kong ain't got nothing on me," said the WBC heavyweight champ after winning the bout. 

The undefeated boxing star from Alabama managed to knockdown Ortiz in the 5th round but was behind Ortiz by far. 

On the 7th Wilder looked out for good as he stumbled after the round with his legs gone. 

In the 9th round he came to box as he hit Ortiz with 2 serious shots and later in the 10th he decided to go for Ortiz until Ortiz could not take anymore. 


"A true champion finds a way to come back and that's what I did tonight," said Wilder. 

"Ortiz is definitely a crafty guy. He put up a great fight. We knew we had to wear him down. I showed everyone that I can take a punch." 

"I feel fine; I did receive a right hand, but I'm ok," said the Cuban boxer. 


"I was listening to directions that my corner was giving me. In this sport, any punch can end a fight. In the ring anything can happen. I thought I was going to get a rhythm earlier. I thought I was winning the fight. This is heavyweight boxing and he caught me with a great shot. He's a great champion." 

No comments:

Post a Comment