Thursday 3 October 2019

TENNIS: COACH PATRICK MOURATOGLOU SPEEKS ABOUT HOW CO-OPERATION WITH SERENA STARTED



Coach Patrick Mouratoglou spoke about what he thought and the how the co-operation between him and Serena started...

Mouratoglou said,"She called me in 2012 after losing the French Open first round against Virginie Razzano. She was often injured. We saw eachother on the court after her loss. 

"She hit serves for 45 minutes. then she stopped, sit on the bench and said, speak with me. I told him she had done the same mistakes she did against Rozzano. I wanted to make her have physical tests. She was dealing with ankle issues. 

"After reassessing the situation, we hired a fitness trainer knowing what we should have worked on. When I started working with her, I was very convinced that she would have become the best player in the world again. I saw what she needed to do to be number one again and dominate the world of tennis. 

"I do not have issues working with parents. Imagine when you co-operate with Richard Williams, one of the beast coaches in history. Hat off for bringing two young girls to becoming world number one. We need to work technique, mental, tactical, physically wise. 

"Anything, Serena is very confident and learns much more than the players I worked with. Even if she has her weaknesses like everyone." 

He went on to say, "If I did not like all the players I worked with, I could not have done a good job. It's essential to totally get into the player's mind. you have to love him."


1 comment:

  1. Très bien passée.,la journée d'aujourd'hui champion du monde je suis fière de toi vraiment courage

    ReplyDelete