Friday 4 October 2019

F1: "I DON'T AGREE WITH 22 RACES A YEAR" SAYS MAX VERSTAPPEN FEARING RISE IN DIVORCE RATES


Red Bull racing team star driver Max Verstappen does not agree with an extended amount of races a year...

Verstappen's biggest fear is divorce rates will rise due to the toll that drivers will suffer. 

Hockenheim is out but two new races from Hanoi and Zandvoort will take place. 

It is going to be the longest Grand Prix season. 

"I don't agree with 22  a year," said Verstappen, quoted by motorsport.com 

"I think we should just pick the best tracks out there - I know they want to make money, but they have to think about the mechanics who rock up to the track. 

"They arrive Monday of Tuesday to build everything up while the big bosses arrive on a Saturday or maybe even on Sunday and fly even during the race back home. 

"For them it's not a problem, they can easily do [30] races, because they're only away for three days. 

"For most of the people it's at least five or six days, and them I'm not even complaining about us, it's the mechanics, they can file for divorce straight away if there's going to be more." 


Verstappen was supported by Sergio Perez

Perez said,"Yeah! I'll see if they don't divorce me." 

"We started then there were 19 races. It's a lot. But as I say I think of us drivers it's a lot of work, but some of the European races we are able to come early on Thursday, and so on. I'm more concerned for the mechanics, and engineers, I think they're the ones who are going to be quite worried. 

"I doubt they will be able to have a social life at this level, so it's very hard. They will be a point where we might be looking to have two crews and split them of something." 


FIA President Jean Todt said, " For the first time next year we will have 22 venues" 

"We are participating with the commercial rights holder and at the end of proposing the calendar, the number of venues, and we feel that it's a good number. " 

He went on to say There is no maximum." 

"For me it's not a question of maximum, for me what does matter is not the quantity of venues but the quality of venues."

No comments:

Post a Comment