Monday 10 June 2019

F1: LEWIS HAMILTON'S PRESSURE GETS SEBASTIAN VETTEL OFF TRACK AND A 5-SECOND PENALTY HENCE WINNING THE CANADIAN GRAND PRIX


Lewis Hamilton won the Canadian Grand Prix fairly after Sebastian Vettel drove off the race track and entered recklessly back almost causing a collision with Hamilton...

F1 race stewards made it very clear to all drivers that reckless behavior that may be deemed too reckless will not be tolerated. 

Vettel was visibly upset and behaved like a "5 year old" at the end of the race by moving the number 1 sign back to his Ferrari car.


The pressure was too much for Vettel sending him off the track on turn 3/4 chicane and back in the track warranting an investigation and a 5-second penalty.  


Vettel was ranting afterwords over the radio as he approached parc ferme trying to avoid the podium, saying "Where the hell I'm I supposed to go? This is the modern world. It's not fair. Great crowd, great race." 

His teammate, Charles Leclerc, had no clue what was going on. 

He said, "I was not told on the radio that Seb had a five-second penalty 

"I just really wanted to push because I could see that I was faster than the guys in front". 


With a few boos from the crowd after Hamilton said "Naturally that's absolutely not the way I wanted to win.

"I took the corner normally, but when you come back on the track you are not meant to come back straight on the racing line. You are meant to rejoin safely.

"I forced the error and he went wide.. we nearly collided, but that's motor racing."

As the debate about the stewards decision rages on Lewis Hamilton and team Mercedes-Benz continue to rack-up points and move on.


No comments:

Post a Comment