Monday 28 May 2018

F1: LEWIS HAMILTON SAYS MONACO GRAND PRIX 'ISN'T AS EXCITING' DESPITE THE GLITZ AND GLAMOUR


Lewis Hamilton finished 3rd at the 2018 Monaco Grand Prix wants the Monaco race changed or 'updated' to match the Monaco Grand Prix 'hype'...
Speaking after the race Hamilton said, "We were just cruising around from lap 6." 

"It wasn't really a race. Ultimately we were turned down and just cruising around to make sure we got to the end." 

Monaco was won by Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo. 


Ricciardo won the Monaco Grand Prix with engine turbo power unit loss in other words a malfunction of MGU-K. 

Hamiltona later said, "Monaco is the biggest build-up and is the most special race of the season and it's just a shame the race isn't as exciting as the whole spectacle and the track is usually is. In qualifying it is epic and through practice there is no place like it, but in the race we just weren't ever pushing. 

"It was insane how little I was pushing - the least I can ever remember. There was a point where I was ten seconds behind and I was conflicted because in my heart I was 'I still want to win the race' and they were like 'no, just bring it home'. I just love racing. 

"So what can we do to make it better? 

"I spoke to Prince Albert the other day and said maybe we should make it longer. There are more roads so maybe we can change this great track and make it even better. 

"Or maybe the format should change. You shouldn't be able to do a one-stop race here. There has to be some mixed-up things. Maybe we need two races. 

"But that was the longest 78 laps ever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment