Saturday 7 December 2019

ELINA SVITOLINA TO WIN GOLD AT 2020 OLYMPICS


Ukraine  sensation Elina Svitolina who once shocked world great Serena Williams is determined to win gold at the 2020 Olympics...


The 2018 WTA Finals winner is playing great tennis and is focusing on getting a gold medal. 

She has been in the hot seat for trying to evade playing for her Ukrain flag but both sides had something to say. 

The fans love her and the Federation wants her to play for her country.  

President of the Ukrainian Tennis Federation when speaking to btu.org.ua said, "My personal opinion at the moment is that their agent is behind this, is opposed to play for the Ukrainiab national team. Playing for the country should be, in my opinion, an honour for every athlete."

Elina responded in kind to the remarks saying, "Yes, I plan to play in Tokyo and the situation is such that I need to play another (Fed Cup) for the national team. But lets just say that if the FTU does not need my help, then there are some other opportunities for qualifying for the Olympic tournament, since I'm still a top player in woman's tennis."

"I am always ready to play and play for the national team when I have physical capabilities, but it difficult to do when there are health problems. There are a lot of matches in the subgroup, and to come and sit on the bench, I don't think this is right."


No comments:

Post a Comment