Sunday 3 June 2018

JORGE LORENZO: MUGELLO WIN WON'T CHANGE DUCATI FUTURE


Italian Grand Prix winner at Mugello Jorge Lorenzo said his win won't change his contractual obligations with Ducati...
Lorenzo's affair with Ducati has been very slow with his only win for Ducati since joining the team. 

Lorenzo's last win before came in 2016 Valencia. The slow pace of victories with Ducati will inevitably see Lorenzo leaving Ducati at the end of the 2018 season. 

Lorenzo told BT Sport "On one side I  am very happy. It';s probably one of the best races of my life. The best victory of my life. But on the other side I'm sad." 

"If I had before these pieces I needed, I could have had more podiums much earlier, I could have won before that race." 

Lorenzo went on to say "I believe I am one of the most honest people in the paddock, but sometimes the people didn't believe in me. 

"They think I put excuses, but I don't put excuses. 

"I needed this support on the fuel tank to save more energy, I needed the engine [to be] smoother, and when Ducati gave me these solutions, I improved so much. 

"It's an amazing dream after more than a year without any victory, a lot of suffering because the results didn't come. 

"It looked like the result would never arrive. But I never give up. 

"I am very determined, when I was 16 years old, when I was riding 125cc with derbi, [I told myself] I'm gonna win with this bike - finally I win with this bike, same with Ducati!"

No comments:

Post a Comment