Tuesday, 22 September 2026

ANTHONY JOSHUA SHARES PRIVATE EMAIL FROM DOPING AGRNCY ASKING FOR TYSON FURY'S WHEREABOUTS

Anthony Joshua shared the email communication to his Snapchat story earlier this morning.



Anthony Joshua has shared a private email communication from VADA to his Snapchat story, in which the doping association’s President sought details regarding Tyson Fury’s whereabouts.

The shared email arrived after Fury uploaded a post-training session video to Instagram on Monday, captioned: “Coming for you AJ, if you ever grow a pair and fight.”

Joshua shared the VADA email to his public Snapchat story on Tuesday morning, with the doping association’s President seeking enrollment from the Gypsy King, and his whereabouts form.

Anthony Joshua shares VADA President email concerning Tyson Fury’s whereabouts

VADA, the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, did not suggest Fury had failed a doping test. Instead, the association’s President simply asked: “Is Mr. Fury going to enroll?”

“Typically, we enroll opponents at the same time,” continued the email. “We also need the whereabouts form to enroll either fighter.”

Joshua captioned the email screenshot: “I’m not accusing [Tyson Fury] of anything,” ahead of their slated December 11 bout. The fight’s date, venue and time are yet to be confirmed.

By completing a whereabouts form, VADA would be able to locate an athlete, in this case, Fury, to complete an unannounced, out-of-competition sample collection.

The form would likely ask for Fury’s home addresses, training locations, any pre-existing travel arrangements, and availability windows.

However, as Joshua’s shared email communication implies, Fury has not provided VADA with such information, ahead of the pair’s long-awaited clash.

The Gypsy King is yet to respond publicly to Joshua’s post, and there remains no indication that Fury has failed, or declined to participate in a VADA testing.

Ahead of their battle, tentatively set to take place at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium, Eddie Hearn previously raised questions regarding Fury’s testing timeline.

Hearn, head of Matchroom Boxing’s division and ‘AJ’ promoter, revealed that Fury’s contract appeared to lack the testing obligation contained in Joshua’s agreement.

As a result, Fury, unlike his British opponent, might not be contractually required to enrol with VADA at the same stage as Joshua.

Hearn also revealed that he believes the Gypsy King is “fearful” of Joshua, claiming: “He’s afraid to lose. I think he knows the physical presence of Joshua, as well.

“It will be a real handful for him. And any advantage he can get, he’s going to try and get, [because] that’s what he’s like,” concluded the Matchroom Boxing promoter.

Tyson Fury hits out at 'poppadom chin' Anthony Joshua via Instagram

After seemingly endless back-and-forths between Fury and Joshua’s camps, amid perpetual disagreement regarding the Netflix event’s venue, the Gypsy King broke his short-lived silence on Monday.

“Just finished a brutal session in the gym here,” began Fury. “Training like a Trojan warrior. It’s alright, Joshua, I know you’re afraid. But I won’t hurt you, I’ll make it quick.

“I’ll make it a quick KO, so you can get back to your business of being a landlord. I’ll make it very fast, and I’ll make it pain-free for you and your team, and Eddie [Hearn].

“I promise not to hurt [you] too bad. It’ll be swift… You’ll know who the spartan is. If he ever gets the guts, because, at the minute, I hear he’s yellow.

“He’s running around yellow, like a little coward. That’s what he is. White flag, where are you, white flag? You big, useless dosser. Paper chin, poppadom chin. Silly, useless piece of s***,” concluded Fury.

As it stands, the two Englishmen are set to face in Cardiff, after weeks of venue confusion. Joshua’s camp held to the UK-based provision in his fight contract, while New York was briefly suggested by Netflix.

Their bout is slated to take place on Friday, December 11, however, this match-up remains anything but straightforward.

- Kedar Bayley

No comments:

Post a Comment