![]() |
| Getty |
Defending China Open champion Jannik Sinner has announced his withdrawal from the upcoming ATP 500 tournament due to an ongoing knee injury.
The world No 1 hasn’t played since beating Alexander Zverev in four sets in the Wimbledon final way back in July, with his current issue forcing him to sit out the 2026 US Open.
Sinner beat Learner Tien in straight sets in last year’s final, but he won’t be able to defend his title in Beijing, which runs from 30 September to 6 October, something he is “very disappointed” by.
In a video on X, the Italian said, “I’m very sorry to announce that I won’t be able to play in Beijing this year. My knee is not where I would like it to be, and I’m not ready to compete yet.
“I will do everything possible to be there on court as soon as I can. What I miss the most is, of course, the tournament, the fans and the atmosphere. I’ve had great times there in the past, winning the title also last year. I’m very disappointed that I cannot defend it this year.”

No comments:
Post a Comment