Showing posts with label Ghana International. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Ghana International. Show all posts

Wednesday, 7 January 2026

AS ANTOINE SEMENYO LEAVES BOURNEMOUTH TO JOIN MANCHESTER CITY, WILL HE STILL START WITH THE CHERRIES TONIGHT?

Bournemouth fans will be gutted to be losing one of their best players to the Premier League elite.

Antoine Semenyo has a medical booked in at Manchester City, ahead of a £65m move, and the deal is expected to be done by this weekend.

The Ghana international, 26, joined the Cherries from Bristol City in January 2023 and signed a new contract last summer - which included the £65m release clause that activated on January 1.


Antoine Semenyo will be joining Manchester City, subject to a medical. | Getty Images


His prolific efforts on the south coast had garnered attention from all the top teams, including Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham, but it was Manchester City that Semenyo had his heart set on.

When some players move during a transfer window, the fans are robbed of a proper goodbye. But for Semenyo, that won’t be the case.

His medical is apparently booked in after tonight’s (January 7) game against Tottenham, meaning the winger will have one final game in the red and black kit.

Speaking at a press conference before the deal was confirmed, Bournemouth manager Andoni Iraola said: “It could be the last game - it is my personal opinion as I understand the market and the noise but there is nothing agreed right now.

“He, right now, is our player and I hope it continues.”

So far this season, Semenyo has scored nine goals and assisted three for his teammates.

- David George

Friday, 8 August 2025

VILLAREAL SIGNS MIDFIELDER THOMAS PARTEY AFTER HE GETS BAIL ON RAPE CHARGES

AP


VILLARREAL, Spain (AP) — Spanish soccer club Villarreal signed midfielder Thomas Partey on Thursday, two days after he was granted bail on rape charges in England.

Villarreal said the 32-year-old Ghana international, who became a free agent when his Arsenal contract expired in June, has joined “for the 2025-26 season.”

The club’s announcement touted Partey’s on-field attributes before turning to his legal case.

“The player firmly maintains his innocence and denies all charges against him. The club respects the fundamental principle of the presumption of innocence and will await the outcome of the judicial process, which will be responsible for clarifying the facts of the case,” Villarreal’s statement said. “Due to the law in England in relation to ongoing proceedings the club is unable to comment further.”


AP


Partey was granted bail Tuesday after appearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court in London charged with five counts of rape. He has also been charged with one count of sexual assault. The alleged offenses, between 2021-22, relate to three women.

Villarreal added that it “wishes to clearly reiterate its strong commitment to respect and diversity and firmly condemns any act of violence in all its forms, including gender-based violence, discrimination, racism, xenophobia, or any behavior that undermines the dignity of individuals.”

- AP

Wednesday, 3 August 2016

CHELSEA: BABA RAHMAN APELEKWA SHALKE KWA MKOPO WA MSIMU


Ghana international, Baba Rahman, anaingia Shalke kwa mkopo wa msimu mzima...Dogo mweney umri wa miaka 22 alikuwa anaichezea Augsburg kabla ya kuingia Chelsea kwa mkataba wa miaka 5...Akiwa Augsburg alicheza mechi 51 na sasa anaungana na kocha wake wa zamani Marcus Weinzierl ambae sasa anaendesha Shalke...Bofya hapa upate habari zaidi.