Sunday 12 January 2020

SERENA WILLIAMS WINS THE AUKLAND CLASSIC AND DONATES PRIZE MONEY TO AUSTRALIA BUSH-FIRE RELIEF FUND


Serena Williams won the Auckland Classic after a 3 year trophy drought...


Serena won the final over Jessica Pegula 6-3 6-4 in 1 hour and 35 minutes. 

She donated all her prize money to the Australian Bushfire Relief Fund. 


The last time Serena won a title she did not have a her baby and it was the 2017 Australian Open.

"It feels good, it's been a long time. I think you could see the relief," former No. 1 said on court side interview. 


"I played an incredible opponent in Jessica. Honestly great match, I couldn't have played anyone better in this final and i'm proud of you. I know you work really hard and i know your coach really well so I always cheer for you, so congratulations."

No comments:

Post a Comment