Showing posts with label Nakisa Bidarian. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Nakisa Bidarian. Show all posts

Saturday, 20 December 2025

JAKE PAUL DROVE HIMSELF TO HOSPITAL WITH BROKEN JAW FROM ANTHONY JOSHUA LOSS, OUT 4-6 WEEKS

Jake Paul will be out 4-6 weeks with a broken jaw after Anthony Joshua loss.


Jake Paul IG


Jake Paul showed his heart against Anthony Joshua, but it came with a cost.

On Friday night, Paul faced former unified heavyweight champion and Olympic gold medalist Anthony Joshua in an eight-round boxing match in Miami, live on Netflix. The bout did not last eight rounds. After a slow start, where Paul avoided Joshua and repeatedly attempted to wrestle him, “AJ” finally stopped Paul in the sixth round with a vicious right hand to the jaw. Afterward, Paul said he thought his jaw was broken and showed a gruesome photo of it, but “The Problem Child” was apparently still tough enough to drive himself to the hospital anyway.

“We think he broke his jaw,” Paul’s business partner with Most Valuable Promotions, Nakisa Bidarian, said at the post-fight press conference. “He’s fine. We met with Netflix afterwards. He took a shower, he drove himself to the hospital. A broken jaw is very common in sports, particularly in boxing or MMA. I think the recovery time from the doctors and surgeons we’ve already talked to is four to six weeks.”

Paul later confirmed that he broke his jaw, posting a video of himself in the hospital with his brother, Logan Paul, and the caption, “Broken jaw guys, thanks for all the support, I’m OK.”

Despite the loss and the difficult injury, Bidarian could not have been more pleased with Paul’s performance against one of the most dangerous boxers in the world.

“Ultimately, Jake Paul lasted a lot longer than anyone said he was going to,” Bidarian said. “And I haven’t seen the official scorecards, I don’t know if anyone else has, but I think he might have won a round or two, or three. He was doing tremendously well in there against a person who is vastly more skilled, vastly larger, vastly more powerful, and he did it on four weeks’ preparation. …

“I think a great, great game plan and preparation, unbelievable heart,” Bidarian added later. “And the reality is, Jake lost because of the size difference, not because of the skill difference. AJ was hanging on that neck, pushing him down, and when you have someone that heavy constantly doing that, it does suck the energy out of you. AJ talked about taking out the man’s soul; he didn’t take out his soul. He did take out his energy, and that’s when he was able to get the finish.”

- Jed Meshew

Tuesday, 4 November 2025

JAKE PAUL CANCELS GERVONTA 'TANK' DAVIS FIGHT ACCUSATIONS AGAINST OPPONENT

Jake Paul has cancelled his fight with Gervonta Davis after the boxer was accused of battery, false imprisonment and kidnapping.


Jake Paul has called off his fight with Gervonta Davis (Image: Getty Images)


Jake Paul has pulled out of his fight with Gervonta Davis after 'Tank' was accused of battery, false imprisonment and kidnapping by an ex-girlfriend. The pair were set to face off in an exhibition match in Miami on November 14, despite Davis being a lightweight and Paul a cruiserweight.

The bout wouldn't have counted towards their professional records, but a winner would have been declared either by stoppage or by two human judges and an AI official if the fight went the distance. However, Most Valuable Promotions have now decided to find a new opponent for Paul, with the YouTuber-turned-boxer branding Davis 'an actual walking human piece of garbage'.

Davis has yet to comment on the allegations, but his trainer Calvin Ford dismissed them as "nonsense". According to the lawsuit, Davis attacked ex-partner Courtney Rossel at her workplace on October 27 and had previously threatened to kill her.

Ms. Rossel also claims Davis "physically assaulted and choked" her on at least four other occasions. She is seeking damages of $50,000 and a jury trial.

Nakisa Bidarian, CEO of Most Valuable Promotions, said in a statement: "Our team has worked closely with all parties to navigate this situation responsibly. While we will not be moving forward with this event, our plan still remains for Jake Paul to headline an event on Netflix in 2025.

"Details regarding a new date, location, Jake's opponent, and additional bouts will be shared as soon as they are finalised."

Paul took to social media to vent his frustrations, stating: "Working with him is an absolute nightmare. The unprofessionalism, the bizarre requests, the showing up hours late to shoots. To the numerous arrests and related accusations and lawsuits.

"If you support this man you support the most vile sin a man can commit... I'm so sorry to everyone involved."

Ryan Garcia was initially suggested as a potential replacement for Davis, but promoter Oscar De La Hoya has dismissed this idea. He explained: "Let me tell you why this fight is not going to happen.

"Ryan Garcia fights for DAZN and Jake Paul fights on Netflix. Golden Boy has a contract with DAZN. Ryan Garcia has a contract with Golden Boy."

In the meantime, Eddie Hearn hasn't ruled out a surprise match between Paul and Anthony Joshua. Speaking to iFL TV, he said: "Just let me know where."

Hearn's comments followed his earlier suggestion that it was unlikely Joshua would return to the ring before the end of the year.

He stated: "I don't want to confirm it because you never know but I think it's very unlikely. At the moment, we're all working towards our February date which is getting very close to being confirmed.

"Now, would there be a run out in 2025? Again, never say never. What I will say to you is he's four or five weeks deep into camp so he's on me to fight.

"Previously he hadn't been training in camp with intensity. He wasn't really looking to fight other than February but now he's almost ready to go so I think realistically as we move into November, February will be the return date but never say never."

- Martin Domin

Tuesday, 26 November 2024

MVP CALLS CLAIMS JAKE PAUL VS. MIKE TYSON WAS RIGGED 'ILLOGICAL'

MVP

Most Valuable Promotions released a statement Monday regarding the growing controversy that Jake Paul's unanimous decision victory over Mike Tyson was fixed, calling the allegations "illogical and inane."

The YouTuber-turned-prizefighter Paul, 27, dominated the iconic former heavyweight champion in their Nov. 15 clash at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The event was a massive success with an $18.1 million gate, the largest for any U.S. fight outside of Las Vegas, and was streamed on Netflix with over 108 million live global viewers. However, the 58-year-old Tyson delivered a lackluster performance with skeptics questioning the fight's integrity.

Amid the swirling controversy, MVP -- led by Paul and Nakisa Bidarian -- has responded to those questioning whether the fight was fixed for Paul to win.

"Both fighters in good faith performed to the best of their abilities with the goal of winning the fight," the statement read. "There were absolutely no restrictions -- contractual or otherwise -- around either fighter. Each boxer was able to use his full arsenal to win the fight. Any agreement to the contrary would violate TDLR (Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations) boxing rules."

Social media was flooded with posts suggesting the fight was scripted, with a fake script even being circulated. While the script was debunked, doubt about the legitimacy of the fight persists. Paul's admission that he took his foot off the gas in the middle rounds, rather than pursue a knockout, only fueled suspicions of a rigged fight.

"It is further illogical and inane that MVP, in the debut of a hopeful long-term partnership with the world's biggest streamer -- an organization that made its first-ever foray into live professional sports with Paul vs. Tyson -- would even so much as consider such a perverse violation of the rules of competition," the statement continued.

Bidarian has remained adamant in many interviews following the fight that there was no foul play in his business partner's victory.

"This is not the first time Jake Paul has faced unfounded skepticism or outright disbelief as a professional athlete, and frankly, the claim that his bout must have been rigged is just the latest backhanded compliment to come his way," said Bidarian. "From day one in this sport, people have doubted his abilities -- unable to reconcile how someone with his background has accomplished so much in such a short time. Jake has not only proven himself repeatedly, but he continues to set historic records that speak for themselves.

"This event, which broke attendance and viewership milestones for a professional sporting event, is yet another example of his ability to deliver on the biggest stage. As long as Jake continues to exceed expectations, there will always be those who try to discredit his achievements. We embrace the doubt -- it only fuels Jake to work harder and achieve greater success."

- Andreas Hale, ESPN

Tuesday, 30 April 2024

TYSON V PAUL SANCTIONED AS PROFESSIONAL FIGHT

Reuters 

 Boxing great Mike Tyson and YouTuber-turned-prizefighter Jake Paul's July 20 bout in Arlington will be a sanctioned, professional fight that will count on both men's records, the fight promoter said on Monday.

The heavyweight match-up, which will be streamed live on Netflix, will be contested over eight, two-minute rounds with 14 ounce gloves at the 80,000-seat AT&T Stadium, which is home to the NFL's Dallas Cowboys.

'Iron Mike' Tyson, one of the most feared boxers in history, will be 58 when he enters the ring for the first time since his November 2020 exhibition bout against Roy Jones Jr., which ended in a draw.

It was thought the bout between Tyson (50-6, 44 KOs) and 27-year-old Paul (9-1, 6 KOs) would also be an exhibition due to Tyson's age but the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations (TDLR) sanctioned it anyway.

An exhibition typically has no judges and can only be won by knockout, meaning there is a higher possibility of a draw.

The 31-year age gap between the fighters is the biggest in the history of professional boxing, according to ESPN.

"Mike Tyson and Jake Paul signed on to fight each other with the desire to do so in a sanctioned professional fight that would have a definitive outcome," said Nakisa Bidarian, who along with Paul founded Most Valuable Promotions (MVP).

"Over the past six weeks MVP has worked with its partners to satisfy the requirements of the TDLR to sanction Paul versus Tyson and we are grateful that we have got to this point."

The undercard will see lightweight champion Katie Taylor (23-1, 6 KOs) battle seven-division champion Amanda Serrano (46-2-1, 30 KOs) in a rematch of their April 2022 fight when Ireland's Taylor beat the Puerto Rican on a split decision.