Friday 5 July 2024

MIKE TYSON'S U-TURN ON JAKE PAUL FIGHT: "I ONLY FACE REAL FIGHTERS"

Image credit: MVP


 Mike Tyson is set to face Jake Paul on November 15, but he once said he ‘would never’ fight the YouTuber turned boxer.

The former heavyweight champion had to postpone the initial fight date of July 20th when he suffered a medical emergency on board a plane – which was later revealed to be an ulcer flare up.

“Unfortunately, due to my ulcer flareup, I have been advised by my doctor to lighten my training for a few weeks to rest and recover.

My body is in better overall shape than it has been since the 1990s and I will be back to my full training schedule soon. Jake Paul, this may have bought you some time, but in the end you will still be knocked out and out of boxing for good.”

However, it was only just over two years ago when ‘Iron’ Mike appeared on the Full Send Podcast claiming he would never step in the ring with Paul as he only ‘fights real fighters’.

“My family loves Jake Paul, I would never, I would never fight him. Everyone in my family love this little white motherf***er..

Let him has his reign, let him have his time. I don’t want to fight him man. I fight real fighters. I fight fighters that hurt big strong scary men, they’re the ones that I fight.”

When asked if he would knock Paul out, the 58-year-old provided the same prediction as he does today.

“So f**king easy.”

Contrary to what Tyson once said, he will face Paul on November 15 at Arlington’s AT&T Stadium in Texas with the event being broadcast live on Netflix.

- Toby Morgan 

No comments:

Post a Comment