Monday 26 February 2024

ARSENAL STAR BUKAYO SAKA RESPONDS TO RIO FERDINAND'S CLAIMS THAT HE ISN'T WORLD-CLASS


Bukayo Saka appeared to respond to Rio Ferdinand’s claim that the Arsenal star isn’t a world-class player.

Recently, former Manchester United and England defender Ferdinand received criticism from Arsenal fans after claiming Saka is not world-class, saying: “Not yet. Listen, I think Saka’s been unreal. I actually think he needs a bit of a rest, so many games for a young kid.

“But I think, it’s almost like what is world-class? He hasn’t done it in the Champions League, has he? I’m talking in the nitty-gritty stages. Saka’s top, don’t get me wrong. He’s not world-class yet.”

On Saturday evening, Saka scored a brilliant solo goal as Arsenal made Premier League history during their emphatic 4-1 win over Newcastle United.

After the match, Saka was interviewed by TNT Sports reporter Jules Breach.

When discussing Saka’s goal, Breach appeared to bring up Ferdinand’s claim, she said: “16 goals now this season, how about that finish as well, some would call it world-class.”

Saka laughed and said: “No comment. I am happy with another goal today and more importantly happy to win.

“I am working hard every day and giving my best. Obviously I have great teammates giving me good passes which helps as well.

“We have been working hard and there is a lot of quality going forward and it is starting to click now - we just need to continue with this [form].”

Saka's Arsenal teammate Havertz said: “I think it was very important [to win] it was a tough game on Wednesday and we wanted to win today - we did well today.

“It's always nice to play here [Emirates]. The fans give us so much energy that so important for us - it gives us a big boost. Crucial to win games and we have to put pressure on [Liverpool and Man City] and that is what we will do.”

Arsenal will be back in Premier League action when they take on Sheffield United on 4 March.

- Marcus Chan


No comments:

Post a Comment