Sunday 15 October 2023

EMMANUEL ADEBABAYOR: ARSENAL FANS SHOULD MOVE ON FROM MANCHESTER CITY CELEBRATIONS


As Sky Sports News speaks to Emmanuel Adebayor in Togo, he seems to have found peace in retirement.

The former Arsenal and Tottenham striker hung up his boots in March this year, after a career that saw him win the African Footballer of the Year award in 2007 and 2008.

But despite Arsenal being the club where Adebayor played his most games and scored his most goals, it's his celebration against them for Manchester City in 2009 which is arguably his most recognised moment in association with the club.

And now he has retired, the man whose nickname before he joined Arsenal was 'Baby Kanu', is asking for Arsenal fans to forgive the incident and focus on the good times they shared.

Adebayor said: "I think the fans can forget what happened in 2009 when I ran the length of the pitch.

"Today I will make it clear, I don't think any human being would accept it if people were singing about and insulting your family, especially your mother and father.

"I would do anything for my mother and father."

- Sky Sports

 

No comments:

Post a Comment