Saturday 29 January 2022

FRANK LAMPARD SET TO BECOME THE NEW EVERTON MANAGER

 


Frank Lampard is set to become the new Everton Manager after the sacking of Rafael Benitez.

Everton wanted Wayne Rooney to takeover the helm but Rooney tuned down the chance to return at Goodson Park.

Everton then on Friday after Rooney tuned down the job they contacted Lampard and offered him a job at Everton.




Rooney said, “Everton approached my agent and asked me to interview for the vacant job, which I turned down.

He added, “I believe I will be a Premier League manager. I believe I’m ready for that, 100 per cent. And if that is with Everton one day in the future that would be absolutely great. 

‘But I’ve got a job here, that I’m doing at Derby County which in an important one for me.”

Vitor Pereira, former Porto manager, was the favoriete to become the next manager at Everton but a bizarre TV interview on Wednesday made his chances very slim to get the job. Fans also protested about Pereira’s comments. 


No comments:

Post a Comment