Monday, 24 August 2026

UFC 'GUNSLINGER' HOSPITALIZED IN SACRAMENTO 'INSTANTLY LOST VISION' DUE TO FRACRURED ORBITAL

 

SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA - AUGUST 22: Lerryan Douglas of Brazil reacts after a knockout loss against Jamall Emmers in a featherweight fight during the UFC Fight Night event at Golden 1 Center on August 22, 2026 in Sacramento, California. (Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC)


Highly-touted featherweight prospect and Dana White’s “Contender Series” graduate, Lerryan Douglas, suffered the first setback of his UFC career after getting stopped by Jamal Emmers on the UFC Sacramento preliminary card last weekend in “The Golden State.”

A broken orbital sent Douglas to the hospital.

“Lerryan Douglas had a fractured orbital and instantly lost vision in that eye,” coach Cub Swanson wrote on social media. “He is okay and I’m glad he didn’t take more damage. We’ll know more after he sees a specialist this week. Thanks for all the support.”

Douglas was a huge betting favorite coming into the fight.

“I’ll learn from this, get back to work, and come back better,” Douglas added on Instagram. “Huge shout-out to my REAL and LOYAL fans, thank you! I see you, all the support means a lot to me. Much love! I’ll see you guys soon. Real soon.”

- Jesse Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment