Wednesday, 19 August 2026

FURY-JOSHUA HEADS TO NEW YORK AS WHITE AND HEARN CLASH PUBLICLY

 


Key points:

  • Dana White gave his strongest signal yet that Fury vs Joshua lands at Madison Square Garden on November 20
  • White launched a heated public attack on Eddie Hearn after being told Hearn still wants the fight in the UK
  • Hearn has argued Joshua’s contract requires a UK venue and has discussed possible legal action
  • Joshua’s approval is still technically required before the venue becomes official

The months-long tug-of-war over where Anthony Joshua finally fights Tyson Fury boiled into open conflict this week, with Dana White all but confirming a New York venue before turning his frustration directly on Eddie Hearn.

Told the fight had been agreed for Friday, November 20, White responded with a knowing “Interesting.” Pressed on Madison Square Garden specifically, he added, “If that’s what the word is, then that must be it.” White seemed less uncertain about the location than simply unwilling to make the formal announcement himself, growing irritated when a reporter questioned his role in the promotion. “You might want to ask the promoters of the fight,” he said. “I’m not going to play these games with these [expletive] guys.”

The real anger surfaced when White was told Hearn still wants the fight in Britain and had discussed legal action over TKO’s dealings with Madison Square Garden. “I have not. I stopped listening to Eddie Hearn about three months ago,” White said. “Is there anybody more full of [expletive] than this guy?” Hearn responded in kind, accusing White of exaggerating his own role in the venue negotiations.

What White’s outburst didn’t address is the contractual question underneath all of it: Joshua reportedly signed for a fight in Britain, and his approval is still required before Madison Square Garden becomes official. Madison Square Garden clearly suits Netflix, allowing a Friday night broadcast in American primetime away from college football and NFL competition, but it would leave British fans watching an overnight fight rather than the Wembley occasion many expected for years.

- BBN Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment