Thursday 19 September 2024

TEOFIMO LOPEZ FINALLY REVEALS WHAT STARTED TERENCE CRAWFORD RINGSIDE SCUFFLE: "FIGHT ME NOW"

Teofimo Lopez and Terence Crawford came face-to-face this past weekend after a back and forth through the media.



Crawford is fresh off a world title win in his fourth division, super-welterweight, and is chasing down a fight with Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez that would require jumping up twice more to 168 pounds.

Lopez has urged the pound-for-pound star to stay at 154, saying he will leave the 140 ranks where he is currently world champion for that fight.

The pair were both in attendance for a portion of the Canelo-Edgar Berlanga fight card in Las Vegas and crossed paths. Speaking to Broadway Joel, Lopez revealed all on the coming together.

“Long story short, I was going to ringside and I thought someone was staring at me. It was Crawford. He looked at me, I looked at him. He’s trying to stare me down, I stare at him and said listen, when we gonna fight? He’s acting like he can’t hear me, pulls to the side then we just talk, talk, talk. He goes to my father, he says, ‘don’t you ever touch me again, next time you touch me I’mma slap you.’ My father goes and responds, ‘then slap me now.’ I said, ‘when we gonna fight?’ We had a little scuffle.

My whole thing is I want to fight the best. If he’s the best, let’s make the fight happen. He goes over there, trying to poke my face, smack his hand down. He wanted to fight me there. You scared I’m gonna beat you in front of the whole world? Is that why? We’ll see what they do next.”

Crawford and his team have previously ruled out a fight with the 27-year-old, with coach Brian ‘BoMac’ Mcintyre said the match-up is absolutely ‘not competitive’ and that the only rewarding part would be seeing his man knock Lopez out.

Whether or not this drama changes that remains to be seen


No comments:

Post a Comment