Wednesday, 19 August 2026

MAN UNITED CAN COMPLETE FIVE TRANSFERS INCLUDING BALEBA THIS WEEK BEFORE HULL CITY CLASH

The Red Devils have plenty of work left on their transfer to-do list.


Michael Carrick is looking to complete his business for the summer (Image: Getty)


Manchester United’s summer transfer window was expected to be a little busier than it has so far turned out to be. It started out strong, with Andrey Santos and Youri Tielemans having both penned deals before the conclusion of the World Cup.

Karl Darlow aside, United haven’t made any other additions to their squad, with time running out before deadline day. United are still said to be pushing for new signings, while players are also being linked with moves away from the club. As such, Express Sport have picked out seven transfers United could complete before this weekend’s Premier League season opener...

Academy trio allowed to leave

It’s being reported that three players who have first-team experience with United could be allowed to leave. Chief among them being Toby Collyer, who spent the previous season out on loan at West Brom.

It’s reported that the Baggies are in talks with United about making the move permanent, while Harry Amass could also be on the chopping block. BBC Sport suggest a loan is more likely than a permanent sale at this stage, unlike the fate that awaits Ethan Wheatley.

The talented striker is attracting interest from Everton, as per Fabrizio Romano, who claims a proposal is being prepared. The 20-year-old is admired by the Merseyside outfit, who are keen to add reinforcements in attack.

Push for a left-back steps up

United have been tracking a left-back all summer, with Lewis Hall their first-choice pick. However, the chance of pulling this one off is slim, given Newcastle have made it clear they don’t intend on selling the English international.

As a result, United have been eyeing up potential alternatives, including Arsenal's Myles Lewis-Skelly, who is said to have been offered to the Red Devils by intermediaries. Elsewhere, Jorge Salinas has emerged as a potential option, with the teenager having caught the eye at Racing Santander.


Man Utd want to recruit Carlos Baleba from Brighton (Image: Getty)


Carlos Baleba joins as final midfield addition

Midfield was the priority position before the start of the summer, and with Santos and Tielemans, United have made inroads. But there is still work to be done.

United still want to sign a third midfielder and Carlos Baleba is the man they want. Brighton are expected to reject their initial bid - £60m with £5m in add-ons - but an agreement is expected soon.

Joshua Zirkzee leaves and replacement joins

And finally, it hasn’t been the move to United that Joshua Zirkzee would’ve hoped for. The Dutchman hasn’t been able to establish himself in the starting XI under United’s last three managers and is now being linked with a return to Italy.

It has been suggested that if United were to lose Zirkzee, Carrick is keen to see him replaced. While there are only two weeks of the window left, it’s clear there is still plenty left on United’s to-do list.

- Amos Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment